Reese 350 Mini Lite Wd Hitch

No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

8:31 pm
December 4, 2010

Brightmd

posts 2

Has anyone installed this weight distributing setup on their camper? I'm pulling a 2010 16 BH with a 1996 Ford Explorer 4×4 4.0 Liter. It sounds like the best setup for this camper but we all know real world experience trumps internet research.

8:14 am
December 5, 2010

sandersmr

Texas

posts 338

We currently aren't using a WD hitch with the F150 and it pulls quite well.  Are you sure you need the WD hitch?

2010 16BH towed by 2002 F-150 Super Crew 4.6L V8

1:36 pm
December 5, 2010

Jeep 19BH Owner

Michigan

posts 11

Hi, I have a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a 3.8L engine, is not the ideal towing vehicle so we opted for the Equal-I-Zer weight distribution hitch with sway control to tow our 2011 19BH. We completed our first maiden voyage of 3,200 miles in November and had no issues with sway, bottoming out or ride characteristics since the weight is distributed between both axles and the ride was level. We experienced high winds in Texas hill country and we had semis pass us on both sides doing 85 since we were doing a steady 65MPH throughout the trip, the Jeep and trailer didn't even budge.

7:35 am
December 6, 2010

carolandjack

Spring Hill, Tennessee

posts 62

We have an older Jeep Cherokee 4.0 (1999).  We purchased our 16BH early in the spring and have taken it on several long trips as well as local State Park outings throughout the summer.  We just got back from a trip from Nashville to Gulf Shores State Park in Alabama and back.  We also have a WDH with anti sway.   I support the previous post.  Our jeep has done a great job towing.  The big trucks and the hills just don't bother us.  Of course, I never, ever use overdrive when towing.  Period!!  and average 13.2 mpg on the interstates.  I would imagine that the folks who have larger tow vehicles, eg: 150 Pick-up trucks and other vehicles on the 1/2 ton chassis may not really need it.  I just feel that when in doubt, error on the side of safety and performance.

2010 Sportsmen 16BH * 2011 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew *ECO BOOST Engine* Reese Weight Distribution Hitch * Anti Sway Bars

6:59 pm
December 7, 2010

Brightmd

posts 2

Thanks for the advise, I ordered my wd hitch today. I would rather be safe as sorry!Cool

No Tags