2007 Hyundai Entourage

No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

7:00 am
April 13, 2011

dmech

posts 1

Just thought I would share my experience with our mini van. 

We took a 5500 mile trip the summer of 2010 pulling our 19BH.    No problems what so ever.  Started our trip in N.E. Ohio made our way to the Mall of America, Mount Rushmore, Yellow Stone, Grand Canyon and then return trip home.   Drove 6 to 8 hours between stops.

Great little camper and the Van did an excellent job. 

Doug

7:55 am
April 13, 2011

Karsty

Niagara Falls, Ontario

posts 114

Sounds like you had a great trip. One week from today I pick up my E14RB and I am anxious to get travelling myself. I'm delighted to hear that it was also a trouble free trip.

What kind of places did you stop at. Did you go to campgrounds or did you try boondocking it. I want to try and avoid the extra expense of expensive camp sites … after all that was the whole reason for me getting a travel trailer … more as a substitute for a hotel/motel room. Not sure if it is going to work out for me that way or not.

Happy travels

Karsty

CURRENT: 2012 Winnebago ERA – FORMER: 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited – 2011 Spree Escape E14RBnn"If a hammer doesn't fix it … it must be an electrical problem."

11:42 am
April 13, 2011

kayaknut

posts 376

Post edited 2:16 am – January 14, 2012 by kayaknut

11:57 am
April 13, 2011

Karsty

Niagara Falls, Ontario

posts 114

Hi Julie:

Thanks so much for the information. I am familiar with Flying J and some of the other truck stop locations and will in fact be getting some reference material for their locations. What about the Walmart Stores. I know that you can stop at some for an overnight stop but some jurisdictions prohibit overnight parking.

I guess I will have to start doing some serious research on the various state/provincial parks etc. Since I have NEVER done this before it will be an new adventure in itself.

Yes … the countdown begins. I was suppose to have a new concrete pad poured next to my driveway today to park the trailer but it is raining in Niagara. Sure hope it is ready by next Wednesday. :)

Thanks again.

Karsten

CURRENT: 2012 Winnebago ERA – FORMER: 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited – 2011 Spree Escape E14RBnn"If a hammer doesn't fix it … it must be an electrical problem."

1:18 pm
April 13, 2011

kayaknut

posts 376

Post edited 2:17 am – January 14, 2012 by kayaknut

7:20 pm
April 13, 2011

Mike Magee

near Tulsa OK

posts 204

We have a road atlas from Walmart that lists all the walmart store locations.  Most of them do allow overnight stays in the lot, but as mentioned it's good practice to ask permission (and shop a bit too).

As a general rule, national forests and state forests are available for boondocking unless posted otherwise.  Those are the green shaded areas on the atlas pages.  I have an old copy of DeLorme's Topo USA (CDs) that I can take along with my laptop, and I can hunt for little side forest roads in an area where I want to stop for the night. 

Also you can ask around in an area for boondock locations.  When I was in Utah, near a mountain pass I saw an information/visitor center and stopped in.  The old fellow working there suggested a great little trail (not even a road, just a two-track) about a mile up the highway where I was able to pull off maybe 50 yards from the highway and park for the night.  Quiet and peaceful, just one other camper about 40 yards away.  I walked 100 yards farther down that trail and had a view of the valley floor, probably out some 50 miles to the horizon.  I could have stayed there for days if I'd wanted to.  Plenty of public lands like this in western states.

2008 Toyota Highlander – 2011 Escape E14RB

No Tags