2001 venture

No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

1:28 am
August 24, 2010

toplot

posts 6

Just wondering if anybody is towing a 14rb with a 2001 venture. I have to bring my van up to towing specs of 3500 lbs. With a class 111 hitch, sway bars, lights, tranny cooler I should be up to par for the towing specs. Not sure what to do about the rear suspension yet. Any input would be great. My Venture has a 3.4 L with a 6 cylinder and about 190 HP. Looking foward to any replies.  Norm D

4:08 am
August 24, 2010

kayaknut

posts 376

Post edited 3:32 am – January 14, 2012 by kayaknut

3:57 pm
August 24, 2010

toplot

posts 6

Did more research on my 2001 Venture. There is no difference in the engine size between the regular venture and the one with the towing package. They both have a 3.4 L engine with a V6 and 185 HP.  The venture with the towing package includes: heavy duty suspension,engine oil cooler that is located between the oil filter and the engine block, a transmittion cooler installed in the front of your radiator, an auto leveling device for the rear end, and larger aluminum wheels. This is what helps increase the towing capacity from 2000lbs to 3500 lbs. Hope this information will help any mini van owners. Remember that this information is for the 2001 Chevy Venture. I still would like to know if anybody is towing the 14RB with a mini van over long distances.   Looking forward to any input.       toplot

5:02 pm
August 24, 2010

toplot

posts 6

I also forgot to mention that the chevy venture that has the towing package also has a high output alternator. I guess this helps out with the A/C.     toplot

No Tags