No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

6:41 pm
January 14, 2012

sandersmr

Texas

posts 338

I had been intrigued by the floorplan of the 190 when I saw it on the KZ website.  Well, I saw one today at the dealer.  I just looked through the windows but I like having a separate bed even if the dinette is really small.  It has a nice closet in the back like the 14RB.  But the counter space is tiny because the sink is bigger and porcelain.

Maybe I shouldn't pick up my 16BH but trade it in?  I have it in for a bearing re-pack and the brakes checked.  Nothing major but I've owned it for 1.5 years and it was time.  I do like what looks like a little more room and more storage than what I have.  I would give up my bunk though.  Hmmmm.

2010 16BH towed by 2002 F-150 Super Crew 4.6L V8

6:32 am
January 15, 2012

reeljuals

Orange Park, FL

posts 43

Looks like there are a few other pluses, like a sink in the bathroom, the bed is a walk around, trunk door on both sides, larger gray and waste tanks.  Looks like the location for the tv is not ideal if you were to watch from bed.  And you're right, little to no counter space.  Guess it comes down to needs and wants.  Good luck with your decision.

Our 19BH has a lot of storage much that is unused.  I would love to have a trunk door on the opposite side like the 190.  After the warranty runs out, I may have one installed. 

I still have the 2012 sportsmen classic brochure.  It has nice color pictures of the 190 interior.  If you don't have the brochure, it is probably available on the K-Z site.

2012 Sportsment Classic 19BH w/U-Shaped Dinette

7:23 am
January 15, 2012

mcmanawayp

Richland Center, WI

posts 37

My wife and I just traded our 14RB for the new 200.  Picking it up next week.  Really like the full-time bed, full-time dinette, more counter space, larger closet and sink in the bathroom.

11:32 am
January 15, 2012

sandersmr

Texas

posts 338

The 200 looks like it has some advantages over the 190, mainly the more counter space.  But I wonder about the wardrobe in the bathroom and I like that the 190 has the corner shower rather than the bathtub.

There is an RV show next month in Houston and I may go and just look.  They would have to make a really good trade-in deal for me to be able to swing an upgrade.  But I do like the walk around bed.

5:03 pm
January 15, 2012

Chicoman

Guelph, ON, Canada

posts 9

We have the 200 and love it.  We only have one trip under our belt because we picked it up in late September and it is freezing cold here in Ontario, Canada in the winter time.  I envy all you southerners.  We are totally looking forward to the spring when we can get back out on the road.  We pull it with a Honda Pilot, which is pushing it, but we have beefed up the suspensipn and use a WD hitch and sway bars.  You know it's behind you, but it pulls pretty good.  Jusrt have to take it easy. 

The bath tub is great cause we have a young girl.  It was a selling feature for us. 

Did the bypass valve on the hot water tank and the water pump.  Hot water tank bypass was a hard deal because there is not much room.  Ended up cutting some of the panelling out to get in there.]=, but it still looks good.

The 200, as I am sure with most classics, has poor quality cushions for the dinettes and the mattress is okay, but I am sure it will not last too long before we have to get a new one.  Totally recommend the full queen bed.  good for a big guy like me.  

So far so good with ours.  We'll see how it is after the winter.  I hope I got all the water out of the lines before it froze up.  Probably going to do a few mods in the spring like adding a T.V. and a few other things.

Love this forum. Some great ideas and great information for us newbies.

Take Care,

Brad

6:15 am
January 16, 2012

Mike & Diana

Lake Corpus Christi Texas

posts 93

We have the 19SB. Had to go that way for the longer bed. Just can't swing anything <80″, and the most storage.

Also, w/the walk around bed you really loss a lot of storage because the water tank/pump is under the bed and the smaller dinette losses storage also. One side has the wheel well.

8:26 am
January 16, 2012

sandersmr

Texas

posts 338

The walk around bed is the big draw for me with the 190 and 200.  We have the 16BH and I sleep in the bunk because it's easier than trying to determine who gets the outside for middle of the night trips to the bathroom. Surprised

7:57 am
February 28, 2012

mcmanawayp

Richland Center, WI

posts 37

Hello all.  My wife and I traded our 14RB for a 200 and are eager to get 'er camping.  Love the walk-around bed and larger bath.  Tows like a dream with no need for WD or Anti Sway, at least on our setup.  Love it.

Paul M

7:39 am
March 13, 2012

garyfig

posts 13

Post edited 2:44 pm – March 13, 2012 by garyfig

Just a thought, check out the 204's either in Classic or Escape.We just picked up our Escape 204, While it don't have a "walk around bed" you have space at the bottom in( in front of closet) so you can get out, without wasteing the space center bed makes.It is also the only escape to have a 15 foot awning,tandom axels. It also has a 6.3 2 door fridge, lots of counter space A sofa /bed slide out right across from the table which makes a nice living space for  tv , games . lots of room to move around just love ours…enjoy no matter what you pick!

7:43 pm
March 26, 2012

Mike M

SE Massachusetts

posts 88

Hi All,

Brand new here and just bought a 190 over the past weekend.  Going to finish up the paperwork tomorrow and pick it up April 7.  The funny part of it is I that went to the dealer intending to buy the 170, but they couldn't sell it to me for less money than the 190???  Anyway, really looking forward to some adventures this year with our new camper.  BTW, the one I bought was built in February of 2012, and I suspect KZ has been listening to it's customers because it has a single-bowl sink instead of the double bowl I've seen in all the pictures, thus improving the counter space issue.

Mike M.

SE Massachusetts

2012 190 pulled by a 2011 F150 Supercab 3.7 2wd.

4:18 pm
April 7, 2012

Mike M

SE Massachusetts

posts 88

Well, picked up our new unit today.  The first thing I did was take it out for a good ride to see how it handles.  Today was a good test for that, as we 20+mph winds from the N/NE, and I got to see how it reacted on the highway under those conditions.

Going into that wind, 55mph was about the cutoff for achieving any level of efficiency whatsoever.  Using the onboard calculator in my 2011 F150/3.7v6/2wd, I estimated about 12mpg average over 25 upwind miles.  I then did some city driving and hilly parkway driving, and the unit handled flawlessly.  On the way back with that stiff wind pushing me down the road, the average was often in the high-teens.

Overall the experience was very satisfactory.  There was little to no sway under all conditons – crosswinds, tractor/trailers overtaking, and going downhill on curvy roads.  All told the test drive was about 70 miles, and I'm pleased to report that only one person called me a moron – for causing her to have to be careful in a coffee shop parking lot due to my being parked on an end row.  Oh, the travesty of it!

Laugh

2012 190 pulled by a 2011 F150 Supercab 3.7 2wd.

No Tags