Forum

You must be logged in to post Login

7000 mile cross-country in 14RB…Wonderful!

No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

11:29 am
October 21, 2010

Cat

South Florida

posts 27

Hello All! Just returned from a month long, 7000 mile cross country trip in my 14RB. Other then a cracked fresh water tank, everything worked PERFECT! And the tank is not made by KZ, so can't blame them for that. We tow with a '06 Tacoma 6 cyl. and had no problems in the Rocky Mountains or Yellowstone. The hardest driving was through the Kansas wind. 80MPH gust! Average MPG was around 14-15. We did however decide to leave the bed folded down and went to Wally World to buy a 4″ memory foam pad. What a difference. Like sleeping on a cloud. We purchased a small folding table for using indoors if we like. Otherwise we enjoy being outside. I love the manuverbility of this little camper. No worries about height or weight issues. Yes it's alittle low, but 7000 miles and only bumped one time up a really steep driveway. Great trip, great camper…

4:59 am
October 23, 2010

Queen

Central Illinois

posts 6

What fun!!

How did the water tank get cracked?

6:43 pm
October 23, 2010

sandersmr

Texas

posts 338

Glad to hear about the durability of the little trailer, but I'm also curious as to how the water tank got cracked.

2010 16BH towed by 2002 F-150 Super Crew 4.6L V8

7:44 pm
October 26, 2010

Cat

South Florida

posts 27

Post edited 2:45 am – October 27, 2010 by Cat

The water tank cracked around the threaded port where the pump line screwed in. I suspect it cracked because it wasn't strapped down and when half full of water it bounced going over a bump and stressed that point. ( I have since remedied that problem with a couple of homemade Z-straps.) Either that or just shoddy workmanship from the tank factory. Anyway-I called the factory and was told it's made of the same plastic as a milk jug so I plastic welded several layers of reinforcement. So far so good…

No Tags