No Tags
UserPost

6:41 pm
May 11, 2010

Teaspoon

Strawberry Plains, TN

posts 246

Post edited 1:43 am – May 12, 2010 by Teaspoon

Hi from east Tennessee! Well I finally made up my mind and headed to NC saturday to pick up my Sportsmen classic RK. I had debated between two RK's , one being pre owned but never used (and back at the dealership it was purchased from) being all electric , no frills and another RK also in nc but a couple hours further drive distance that had propane/elect frig.awning,shower, antenna, micro…I decided on the more equipped model and got a very good price out the door. The dealership was excellent in how they treated me. The trailer was ready to go when I arrived and a very nice tech went thru how to work everything on the trailer with me, even adjusting my new electric brake module I had installed before my trip to the dealership. I also received a bucket full of trailer accessories that would have costs me up to 100 dollars if bought alone. I felt confident that I made the right decision in my purchase and the 6 hour drive to and 9 hour drive back from the dealership was worth it ( head winds and gusts all the way home) My TV is a 97 nissan 4X4 4 cyl manual trans that pulled it  up a very long and steep grade crossing the NC mtns into Tenneesee.It was somewhat underpowered but I made it without a fuss. Previously I have been camping in my 71 Vollkswagen camper but having so much more room now plus indoor facilities at my age will be a blessing. Ive also owned a new pop up back in the 80's I took cross country camping. Im trying to get the Sportsmen stocked with necessities now so I can hit the road for my first adventure in it. Im glad I found this site, it gave me the confidence that I spent my money wisely, and hope that having this community of owners will only add to my enjoyment and experience of travel trailer rv'ing!!Laugh

2010 Sportsmen Classic 14RK 2006 Nissan Titan V8 5.7

6:47 pm
May 13, 2010

bvanwieren

posts 8

Welcome to the Sportsmen Classic group. We have the 14RK upgrade also and love it. Taking it out this weekend again. Fun.

8:06 pm
May 13, 2010

smilinjohn

Minnesota Prairie

posts 380

Yes, Teaspoon, sounds like you got a real nice package in your new 14RK.Laugh

SmileJohn

2010 Sportsmen Classic 14RK; 2005 Ford F-150, 5.4L V8; "…..it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin

No Tags