New Owner of a 2012 Sportsmen Classic 14RB

No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

9:06 pm
October 1, 2011

dfmote

posts 4

Hi my name is Dawn and we take delivery of our new 14RB on Monday. We are totally new to RVing so any and all advice is appreciated. I have been lurking on the site for a few weeks now and I just love how everyone is so helpful. I especially like looking at the pictures of the mods that are done and they have actually given me lots of ideas.

Mu husband and I will be traveling with our little guy Buddy (Toy Fox Terrier).

10:23 am
October 3, 2011

Mike & Diana

Lake Corpus Christi Texas

posts 93

dfmote said:

Hi my name is Dawn and we take delivery of our new 14RB on Monday. We are totally new to RVing so any and all advice is appreciated. I have been lurking on the site for a few weeks now and I just love how everyone is so helpful. I especially like looking at the pictures of the mods that are done and they have actually given me lots of ideas.

Mu husband and I will be traveling with our little guy Buddy (Toy Fox Terrier).

Welcome!  We're also new members, researched the site for a month, or so, though. My advise is, "take it slow". Short trips will help flesh out what you need on hand and what you need to know mainly through trial and error. Your dealer is also a great resource. Don't be afraid to pick their brains. Also a lot of good Internet data out there, as well. There's a lot of good posts herein on packing / supplies / towing etc.,

Good camping and enjoy!

11:46 am
October 3, 2011

mcmanawayp

Richland Center, WI

posts 37

Hi Dawn!  My wife and I are finishing up our second season with our 14RB and have loved it.  We decided to give it a couple of seasons to "learn the ropes" and will be taking our first really cross-country trip next Spring.  It's a great little camper and we've been very pleased with its performance, quality and towability.  Have fun!

Paul and Jean McManaway

2011 14RB

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 3.8L V6 with factory tow package

12:31 pm
October 3, 2011

kayaknut

posts 376

Post edited 1:20 am – January 14, 2012 by kayaknut

1:44 pm
October 4, 2011

dfmote

posts 4

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have researched the internet slap to death and I thought the dealership was going to put me on payroll there for a while. We were there every Saturday looking over the TT and asking questions. They said they have never seen anyone so prepared as we were when we showed up to take delivery. I believe in learning all I can learn because I dont like suprises.

We will be taking our first trip this weekend. Close to home just incase anything happens. We have all of our owners manuals in the TT because I know whats going to happen. I'll forget how to turn something on or hook something up.

4:32 pm
October 4, 2011

Mike Magee

near Tulsa OK

posts 204

Pack your camera!  Take pics of your trailer in the very first campsite it's ever been in.  Smile

2008 Toyota Highlander – 2011 Escape E14RB

No Tags