No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

7:04 pm
September 28, 2011

Chicoman

Guelph, ON, Canada

posts 9

Just wanted to say hello!!  Been doing a lot of research on this site, and thought we'd join up to share our experiences.  We just purchased a Sportsmen classic, my wife and I with our 19 month old…..We live in Guelph, ON Canada.

Kind of new to camping, and definitely new to trailering a big unit like this one.  (Big for us).  First trip this weekend to test it all out………We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the great advice and posts.  It helped us make our decision.

Cheers, 

Brad

8:00 pm
September 28, 2011

mcmanawayp

Richland Center, WI

posts 37

Hi Brad!  Welcome to the forum and have a great time on your first trip!

6:00 am
October 6, 2011

Mike & Diana

Lake Corpus Christi Texas

posts 93

Hope you enjoy the new model Sportsman. We just got our 19SB in June and really like it. We lliked the bath in the 200 but wanted more storage, the larger dinette and longer bed. I'm 6'1″, and the SB is the only model with an 80″ bed.

Post some pic when you can.

6:48 pm
October 11, 2011

Chicoman

Guelph, ON, Canada

posts 9

Ya, I am a big guy too.  The queen bed was nice, but my wife ended up on the fold down bed when our daughter crawled into bed.  She said it was okay, but we were not impressed with the quality of the cushions.  Lost their shape after one sleep. 

We think this one will be great for a couple years, until the family gets bigger.  Everything worked great for the first weekend, but the plumbing leaked on all of the sinks.  Easy fix, but a pain.  All in all, we are satisfied with the Sportsmen 200

6:18 am
October 13, 2011

Mike & Diana

Lake Corpus Christi Texas

posts 93

Chicoman said:

Ya, I am a big guy too.  The queen bed was nice, but my wife ended up on the fold down bed when our daughter crawled into bed.  She said it was okay, but we were not impressed with the quality of the cushions.  Lost their shape after one sleep. 

We think this one will be great for a couple years, until the family gets bigger.  Everything worked great for the first weekend, but the plumbing leaked on all of the sinks.  Easy fix, but a pain.  All in all, we are satisfied with the Sportsmen 200

Had the same issue (poor cushion quality) with our 19SB. Added two inches of the good stuff, really did the trick. You can see it in our post under, "modifications" – 19SB modifications. Our biggie with the new TT was we had no breaks! The factory had packed so much grease on the wheel hub it ran out all over the break shoes, etc… The dealer had to pull the wheels and clean. Worked great then.

No Tags