No Tags
UserPost

6:38 pm
June 29, 2011

wanthony

CT

posts 9

Post edited 7:50 pm – June 30, 2011 by wanthony

Took delivery two weeks ago of a new 2012 Escape 19SB with upgrades on the wheels, the added front window, the 8 but AC and the front stabilizers. Had a very successful maiden trip to Rhode Island's Fishermans Memorial SP. Heading off to RI's Burlingame SP next week for a dry camping run. Previously had a Fleetwood Santa Fe popup which had close to 30K miles including a x-country to California and multiple trips to Florida. Looking forward to doing the same with the Escape.
Not too many mods so far. Made the shower a closet, added a fixed mirror over the sink and am looking to improve the light locations for reading. The new 2012 mattress needs a foam top to soften and the dinette cushions need new foam to firm up.
Pulling with a 2010 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl. Carry two 18′ sea kayaks on the Toyota roof. Have a Reese WD system with anti-sway. The hitch extension needed to clear the kayaks from the trailer allow placement of Swagman bike hitch and the bikes also clear the trailer on all turns.
Getting better MPG than with the lighter by 400 lbs popup. Theorize the kayaks help break up the air in front of the trailer.
Very happy so far.

9:57 am
July 30, 2011

Ken O.

posts 39

Hi,  I found your posting of interest.  I have a 2011 E19SB and was not aware of some things you mentioned that you have — ie: front window, and it sounds like you have a bathroom sink in yours too.  Are these 2012 options or did my sales rep fail to make me aware of theseThanks in advance for your reply.  Ken O.Confused

Spree Escape E19SB – 2009 Kia Sedona 6 cyl. – WD Hitch – Anti sway Control – Electric Brakes

3:15 pm
August 1, 2011

wanthony

CT

posts 9

No sink in the bathroom, although one could easily install one using the shower hose and floor drain. I am sure those options were available in 2011. The only thing new in 2012 is the all aluminum roof which is slightly convex to facilitate drainage and to help with snow loads.

5:18 pm
August 1, 2011

Ken O.

posts 39

Hi Again,  Thanks for the reply to my questions.  Your idea about the sink sounds pretty good.  I think I'll do a little research on that.  Thanks again.

Ken O.

Spree Escape E19SB – 2009 Kia Sedona 6 cyl. – WD Hitch – Anti sway Control – Electric Brakes

No Tags