No Tags
UserPost

3:27 pm
September 29, 2011

Mike & Diana

Lake Corpus Christi Texas

posts 93

Post edited 1:08 pm – November 26, 2012 by Mike & Diana

As promised, here are a few pictures of our 19SB mods/improvements we’ve made since June. This is coming in the door, you can see our berth and the full length mirror on the bath door.

My good side "wife" made drapes throughout. Really help with cooling and adds privacy. The shelf is a plastic one from Target.

Upgraded the mattress. What a difference!

Added another shelf over the valance at the foot of the bed.

Here’s the entertainment center. 13 inch LED HD TV, DVD and Stereo / CD player on another small Target shelf. (This shows the old TV)

Here's the new 19″ TV w/new wall mount.

The wall mount works great. This is view from the table.

And this one from the bed.

This one show our spice / towel and utility racks.

Bought a couple of bolsters / pillows. Nice to set back and stretch out your legs to just relax , do some reading or watch a little TV. Added the lamp too. Just velcroed it in place.

Added a couple of inches of good foam to the seats. Again, what a difference!

Picked up the runners at Wal-Mart. Perfect size.

Nice wall clock.

This three drawer plastic unit from Wal-Mart fits here perfectly – great for remotes for the TV, AC etc. Again, Velcro in place.

A couple of shelf organizers.

Put a couple of hinges on the storage door for easier use.

Small, fold down support on left to hold door open.

Another Wal-Mart, slightly larger, three drawer unit for under the sink. Stores all the cooking/eating utensils and other misc kit items.

Towel bar over toilet and towel shelf on the wall.

Shower shelf and mirror.

Here’s my biggie so far. Put in this sink. Found an 18"X10"X8" sink on the internet. Made the holder, mounted to the wall. Tied into the shower water and drain. Works great.

Here’s a view showing the mirror and shelf.

These stackable drawers from Wal-Mart fit perfectly and holds loads of toiletries. Velcro to the wall.

Added a small metal gutter under the AC to divert condensation from vents.

Glued a rubber chair foot cap into the hole to keep out the wasps, etc and a set screw in the top to keep the bumper cap in place.

That’s it so far. My next big item will be to install a skylight over the shower. I need the additional head room and put in a large pull out drawer under the bed to make access to that storage area easier and more functional.

Hope some of you find some of these useful. I’m always looking for good ideas. Please share yours.

Here’s our outfit.

Under bed access.

I know it can be difficult to access the storage area under the bed from inside. It's even worst for us since we upgraded the mattress. It's now, almost impossible for the wife to lift the lid. We use about 80% of the cargo space for storage of auxiliary outside / setup stuff, but wanted to access the remaining 20% for extra inside storage so I put an access door as shown here. Pretty easy to cut w/a box cutter, trim out and latch. Meets our needs.

Got a new / (used) TV  – F-150 back in early Fall. Big step up from the Trailblazer.

8:03 pm
September 29, 2011

Mike Magee

near Tulsa OK

posts 204

Better not let KZ see these mods; they might get ideas.  Wink  Some very nice and innovative changes!  I have been wanting to add hinges to the storage top, but never thought of a folding "prop" to hold it up.  What's that made of, and is it simply attached with one screw or what?

So it looks like you actually managed to stuff extra foam into the cushion covers, eh?  Interesting.  What kind of foam did you use?

Are the towels and the clock actually staying in place ok during travel?  I could imagine them falling down with all the bumping and moving going on.

2008 Toyota Highlander – 2011 Escape E14RB

7:00 am
September 30, 2011

Mike & Diana

posts 93

Mike Magee said:

Better not let KZ see these mods; they might get ideas.  Wink  Some very nice and innovative changes!  I have been wanting to add hinges to the storage top, but never thought of a folding "prop" to hold it up.  What's that made of, and is it simply attached with one screw or what?

So it looks like you actually managed to stuff extra foam into the cushion covers, eh?  Interesting.  What kind of foam did you use?

Are the towels and the clock actually staying in place ok during travel?  I could imagine them falling down with all the bumping and moving going on.

The support is a piano hinge. Just two small screws holds it in place. Got the two inch foam from Jo-Anns Fabric. It's a denser foam. The clock is very light. Held up on a screw and held in place w/velcro. If you look @ one of the bath pics you'll see how we have some netting to hold the towels in place while traveling.

5:39 pm
September 30, 2011

wrenchist

I really like the sink mod though I don't think there is enough room in my 16BH. How is it secured to the wall? I looks like it might be a bit floppy. 

6:57 am
October 2, 2011

Mike & Diana

posts 93

wrenchist said:I really like the sink mod though I don't think there is enough room in my 16BH. How is it secured to the wall? I looks like it might be a bit floppy. 

I have about 11 1/2″ clearance from wall to toilet. The sink is definitely NOT floppy! The entire thing weighs around a pound. There's a 2″ mounting plate running along the length of the back glued and screwed in four places. Two of them are into studs. There are also two horizontal supports from that plate on each side of the sink that run forward to support the sink/counter. We find it perfect for washing up and oral hygiene.

6:26 pm
October 2, 2011

Karsty

Niagara Falls, Ontario

posts 114

Where can I send in my order form for some of these mods Mike. I also like the drapes  that your wife made. I'll order 4 sets for my 14RB. Thanks …

Some great ideas … thanks so much.

CURRENT: 2012 Winnebago ERA – FORMER: 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited – 2011 Spree Escape E14RBnn"If a hammer doesn't fix it … it must be an electrical problem."

6:14 am
October 3, 2011

Mike & Diana

posts 93

Karsty said:

Where can I send in my order form for some of these mods Mike. I also like the drapes  that your wife made. I'll order 4 sets for my 14RB. Thanks …

Some great ideas … thanks so much.

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know someone finds it useful. Without feedback one sometimes wonders if the effort of posting is really worth it. For a site like this to remain active / useful,  the communication needs to continue to flow bi-directional between members.

8:03 am
October 3, 2011

pfidahospud

Post Falls, Idaho

posts 107

Maybe we're all suffering from "awe and wonder" which makes it difficult to type Confused  Fear not — your post is very much appreciated and inspiring.  I especially like the hinges idea on the bench seat.  Very easy, yet very helpful!

Stephen

Tow-er: 2010 RAV4 3.5L 269 hp V6 with Tow Pkg ~ Tow-ee: 2011 Sportsmen Classic 14RB ~ Director: The wife

5:28 am
March 22, 2012

Mike & Diana

posts 93

Got a new TV. Heading to the bay over Easter.

4:35 pm
June 3, 2012

Mike & Diana

posts 93

Added the wall mount arm recommended by Mike M in his May 6 post, "Mounting a TV in the 190″

Great price, perfect fit and easy to install.

5:50 pm
June 3, 2012

Mike M

SE Massachusetts

posts 88

M&D,

I also find all your mods impressive, but if others are having a viewing experience similar to mine it could explain the lack of interaction.  I'm not sure if it's due to the high volume of pictures in a single post, but access to them is very slow for me.  They take a great deal of time to load, and even take a long time to minimize.  I suspect others are having a similar experience but just don't say anything.

Nice mods, though.  You've got that set up to live out of!

Mike M.

2012 190 pulled by a 2011 F150 Supercab 3.7 2wd.

4:29 am
June 4, 2012

Karsty

Niagara Falls, Ontario

posts 114

I've picked up some great tips from some of your mods. I particularly like the idea of the stacking drawers and velcroing them to secure them. I have a huge cabinet in the ERA that is a great big disorganized mess. I noticed some modular drawers the other day at Walmart that would allow me to makes the space more usable and organized.

I'll be working on that this week. 

As for viewing the pictures … they were al little slow at first but once they all loaded (maybe 1 minute) they all viewed fine for me.

Compliments to your wife for her handy work.

Karsty

CURRENT: 2012 Winnebago ERA – FORMER: 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited – 2011 Spree Escape E14RBnn"If a hammer doesn't fix it … it must be an electrical problem."

5:14 am
June 14, 2012

Mike & Diana

posts 93

Karsty said:

I've picked up some great tips from some of your mods. I particularly like the idea of the stacking drawers and velcroing them to secure them. I have a huge cabinet in the ERA that is a great big disorganized mess. I noticed some modular drawers the other day at Walmart that would allow me to makes the space more usable and organized.

I'll be working on that this week. 

As for viewing the pictures … they were al little slow at first but once they all loaded (maybe 1 minute) they all viewed fine for me.

Compliments to your wife for her handy work.

Karsty

Thanks for the feedback.

Haven't had any other complaints about the slow viewing.

I've never experienced the issue on my PC.

As you, we'vgfe gotten several good ideas by surffing this site.

Keep up the good work all!

No Tags